Not every Saturday night, but more often than not, the unassuming priest would walk through the cafeteria with the message. “When I see those boys. I see Jesus in their eyes.”
Maybe Jesus, in this case, is LOVE and not a religious statement but rather a life statement.
- What if he only sees LOVE in their eyes?
- What if WE could only see love in each other’s eyes?
- What if we could see LOVE without conditions?The life statement is more symbolic because of the environment. These are not boys, that as parents are so proud of as displayed by bumper stickers on the back of cars, who are honor roll students. Nor are they the “good” boys that are applauded, and most importantly, loved.
No, to the contrary, these are the “bad” boys. These are the boys who are locked up, in a cage, and despite all of our rage they will still be the rat in the cage. For the cage does not necessarily leave them, when they get out, but rather it may well stay with them forever.
- Furthermore, are we not all in so many ways locked in our own cages?
- Are not the emotions locked inside of us, unable to express the feelings, directly leading to dis-ease?
- Those emotional knots that culminate within, like the jail, protecting them from us – and us from them, is it not what is cause for so much social displacement of fear?
- What if we can stop all the bullshit, and it’s all bullshit, and simply love ourselves right now as we are in this moment?
- What if we can stop all the bullshit, and it’s all bullshit, and simply love them for who they are now and even beyond their current state?
Instead of putting someone else in jail for being “lazy”, or being “fat”, or “stupid”, or simply not good enough, according to our standards, how about simply loving them.
The truth is: you are overweight. The truth is: you are not living up to your potential. The truth is: you are not doing enough. The truth is: you will never be enough.
Or, that is A truth by our own perception based upon time and space and most often a reflection of our own current state.
And, yes, there are crimes against humanity but is not the most criminal of all the systematic lack of humanity itself?
but save the world.