- I am grateful to be me.
- I’ve had the good fortune to like, even love, the person that I am and enjoy my individuality, creativity, my mind, and my thought process.
- I am grateful for my castle.
- I have the most beautiful house, and I love every inch of it now and am so excited for beautification projects.
- I am grateful for Anthony and Ryan
- Amazing how they have grown into young men. Anthony is strong and sensitive at the same time. He is as honest as honest can be, and isn’t afraid to share what’s on his mind. Ryan is an artist’s soul that even when not playing music or writing still has that wonderful side.
- I am grateful for Mr. Scheister.
- All anyone needs is Love and a dog. Scheister is the best dog ever. He doesn’t care when gets up, what time he is fed, he is just so completely chill. And, he has the chillest personality and is always in a good mood.
- I am grateful for Arionna, Alora and Toni
- Awesome, together and individually doing great things in the world for themselves and shining stars each and every one.
- I am grateful for the breath of life.
- Every breath is involuntary, most goes unnoticed, but without breath I would have no life. I am equally grateful for life itself, and to be able to live in this moment in time.
- I am grateful for my parents.
- For my parents are what gave me life, and without them I am nothing.
- I am grateful for Marie and Chance
- Family is forever, and I am fortunate to have an insanely supportive one, especially with the insanity that is me and my whacky ways.
- I am grateful for humor.
- “If you can make me laugh. I don’t care how much work you do.” That was my indoctrination into my first job at college, and it is something I have followed ever since. I love to laugh, and love those who make me laugh!
- I am grateful for the sky.
- On days like today when I look upwards and see nothing but constant and consistent blue with shades of contrast on the horizon makes me wonder if it could ever get any better than this.
- I am grateful for the night.
- There is something peaceful about the night, the stars, and the peace that comes from absence of light.
- I am grateful for my own thoughts.
- In the silence and sanctity of my own, I find respite from the world around as I make my own.
- I am grateful for learning.
- There is something stupendous about the wonder of learning of something new.
- I am grateful for words.
- Because, words matter.
- I am grateful for finding my way.
- It is my way I seek, to be better and better in every way, every single day.
- I am grateful for art and culture.
- We breathe to live but we live to love, and to love life.
- I am grateful for music.
- “My religion is Billy Idol.” – from a dream I had years ago.
- I am grateful for movies & television.
- To be able to create characters, stories, and dialogue that captives as well as cultivates emotional response is such a surreal experience that transcends time and space.
- I am grateful for my misery.
- Because, it is my own. I wouldn’t want anyone else’s journey.
- I am grateful for humans and human interest.
- Human interest stories are my favorite, and we all have a story. I like to hear them, see them, investigate, and know more about people.
- I am grateful for the unknown.
- Not having to have the answers, to be able to let go and be ok with not knowing, and allowing myself to explore the depths of my being and the wonders of all that life has in its most wonderful giving.
- I am grateful for my teachers.
- I love school I actually love being in class. Learning is such an aphrodisiac and I had some amazing teachers who propelled me to delve further into my curiosity and to engage in the process of excavating into new layers of gaining knowledge.
- I am grateful for being alone.
- Being alone does not necessarily equate to loneliness and while I have tasted this too, I enjoy my time to myself, which has been a majority of my life.
- I am grateful for diversity.
- In thought, in people, in eccentricities. I love to see, taste and experience different cultures, foods, ideas, and philosophies.
- I am grateful for love.
- As critical as breath is for living.
- I am grateful for touch.
- See above.
- I am grateful for awakening.
- Rising to new heights of awareness, seeing every moment with the newness of a child and capturing its essence.
- I am grateful for sleep.
- Oh, how I have to come to love thee as she is the most beautiful of comforts on a long night.
- I am grateful for my car.
- Not just because it is functional but because it is also offers me great comfort, is safe and I’m able to enjoy my music coming and going.
- I am grateful for the material world.
- I love that we are able to have nice things, to enjoy something more than the basic necessities.
- I am grateful for my abundant healthy.
- And, getting younger and younger by the day.
- I am grateful I have never been admitted to a hospital.
- And, that will continue to be true.
- I am grateful for the mirror.
- Being able to look in the mirror and not only like but enjoy what I see in the reflection is truly special and something I don’t take lightly, because it’s many years of work.
- I am grateful for all of my incredible wealth
- Every cent allows me more freedom to do what I want, when I want, with whomever I want, and that is such a beautiful thing.
- I am grateful for my neighborhood and neighbors.
- It is quaint, quiet and peaceful community. That is pretty sweet.
- I am grateful for Candy.
- Without her, there would no A&R, who truly are gifts.
- I am grateful for James.
- He is at his core a really sweet soul.
- I am grateful to be heard.
- To be in silenced, instead of being silent, is having a gag not only on the mouth but also to the depths of the soul.
- I am grateful for Cathy.
- Beautiful beyond compare, and the experiences are beyond measure, 4 years worth of positive and memorable, beautiful and bright, a most wonderful delight with so much gained love, light and one of the best periods in my life.
- I am grateful for Thumper.
- Our first dog that I remember sitting underneath the dining room table thumping its tail against the floor.
- I am grateful for grandma and granddad Willson.
- My favorite people growing up with Granddad being so open and trusting and Grandma being so alive.
- I am grateful for growing up Wright.
- Because, anything else would have been wrong. Such a magical upbringing being able to be outside, running, playing sports, basketball, football in Gary and Jason’s yard, woofle ball in the back yard, those were all so much fun.
- I am grateful for fun.
- My second favorite f word.
- I am grateful for a dirty mind.
- Because, I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
- I am grateful for being shallow.
- Because, that way I don’t drown.
- I am grateful for the ability to see multiple points of view.
- Not merely black and white, right and wrong, and this or that.
- I am grateful for traveling.
- Exploring and seeing new sights is a sight to see.
- I am grateful for AA.
- To be able to travel the globe, and see things I never thought I’d see.
- I am grateful for Florida.
- For embracing me and welcoming me as my home as I would have never for a second believed I would ever be here, except maybe on vacation.
- I am grateful I can take a compliment.
- Some are proud that they can take a punch, but I’m more grateful I can take a compliment.
- I am grateful for Mark P.
- Intellectual uplifting, and positive conversations are a must along with being surrounded by the same.
- I am grateful for Jodee S.
- From kindergarten to today, the beauty of the world today is the ability to stay connected.
- I am grateful for Jeff S.
- It’s those early childhood memories and people who meant so much who shape who we are today.
- I am grateful for Mark S.
- The world outside is so much bigger than the world inside and to be out and about is the best place to explore.
- I am grateful for Eric M.
- Intellectual masters who we were introduced through the dawn of the computer age, long before the world we see today.
- I am grateful for Gary B.
- The yard with the slant that never stopped us from playing football every chance we got.
- I am grateful for Jason F.
- Another yard, another friend who loved sports.
- I am grateful for Tom K.
- Being able to be there in the most pivotal moments, those that change us forever.
- I am grateful for Elna B.
- There are those who show us the way and those are there along the way, both guides of light.
- I am grateful for Jeremy L.
- Heart Ranch was one the most places to reside, and of course, play basketball.
- I am grateful for Shannon L.
- Even when dropping out of sight, there is something bright about the light that shimmers off the snow.
- I am grateful for Andy G.
- Both he, and his dad, who was one of my first employers.
- I am grateful for Tom W.
- Anytime you travel halfway around the world, you know there is a brother like no other.
- I am grateful for Catherine B.
- Friends, become family, much the same especially when they are there when they thought you wouldn’t be able to make it through.
- I am grateful for John B.
- Johny B good and the drawings that I kept as a keepsake for many years.
- I am grateful for Grant P.
- Musical and basketball. Need we say more?
- I am grateful for Pamela.
- Frozen, in time, not to be forgotten.
- I am grateful for Willie W.
- Who said you’re not supposed to jump off a moving horse?
- I am grateful for Carey H.
- Soulmate, best friend and first love all rolled into one magical person. One of the best periods of my life, and always cherished.
- I am grateful for Jenny H.
- Hey, lil’ sis what have you done? Still have the engraved name plate.
- I am grateful for Peggy H.
- For still today being on the holiday card list, which is always a favorite of every season.
- I am grateful for Paul G.
- Coworkers who become great friends and share that common bond of heavy music.
- I am grateful for Clint W.
- For introducing me into a new wonder, a music I never knew existed, and am forever grateful for the introduction.
- I am grateful for Paul A.
- Basketball. And, more basketball.
- I am grateful for Floyd T.
- Because, I’m still a pussy, even if not Faster Pussycat.
- I am grateful for Gregg B.
- Having very unconventional college buddies was the name of the game.
- I am grateful for Dixie I.
- And, very much the same.
- I am grateful for Monika C.
- Great neighbors are beautiful inside and out.
- I am grateful for Kelly M.
- At what point does long time friends become family?
- I am grateful for Jon M.
- Gracious in giving.
- I am grateful for Bob and Norma.
- Always a fun time with such sweet souls.
- I am grateful for Antje B.
- Fun and weathered many a storm, more specifically, a few tornadoes.
- I am grateful for Marshall and Prima.
- Two beautiful people who have done so much for our family.
- I am grateful for Angelique M.
- It’s never too late or too early for New Year’s horse shoes.
- I am grateful for Oneida M.
- Amazing to think both our kids were so young at that time, which seems a lifetime ago.
- I am grateful for Kelly M.
- A true Vision of Change.
- I am grateful for Debbie S.
- Love by not merely a last name, such a caring individual.
- I am grateful for Eric K.
- I am grateful for Eddie.
- Not just a neighbor but a great friend and an even better person.
- I am grateful for Suzanne B.
- Caring is sharing, and sharing is caring and the epitome of caring.
- I am grateful for Judi H.
- Love the many years of guidance, coaching, friendship, and so much more.
- I am grateful for Eric M.
- We all need a champion to champion our efforts.
- I am grateful for Janine W.
- English may be a second language, but kindness is certainly the first.
- I am grateful for Adam & Ron.
- I wouldn’t be sitting here if it were not for you two.
- I am grateful for Alyn D.
- Such a creative genius and wonderful friend.
- I am grateful for Bill G.
- Great guy, and while it’s been too long, always thankful for then and now.
- I am grateful for Bob L.
- Not only an exquisite photographer but an absolutely brilliantly amazing person.
- I am grateful for Shelly T.
- While it may be frigid in Minnesota, couldn’t find a warmer heart.
- I am grateful for Carla F.
- So many friends that I’ve never met, and yet, they are more so than those I meet every day.
- I am grateful for Dario P.
- Introducing me into an industry I never thought I’d venture into but what an amazingly wonderful experience.
- I am grateful for Deana C.
- Beautiful inside and out with such a sweet and caring soul.
- I am grateful for Dina S.
- So sweet to have friends for so many years.
- I am grateful for Halley E.
- Friend, coach, guide and such a really good person.
- I am grateful or Lynn A.
- It’s not all BS, but then again, it is.
- I am grateful for Eli C.
- When professional acquaintances become great friends.
- I am grateful for Linda L.
- And, best of friends for sure.
- I am grateful for George I.
- Drop the L and start Earning, such a wise one.
- I am grateful for Matt K.
- Seeing such growth is inspiring.
- I am grateful for Jenny.
- Even if wasn’t the right person, it was the right park.
- I am grateful for Gigi.
- Kind and considerate.
- I am grateful for Gregory L.
- A champion of a person who champions others in so many ways.
- I am grateful for Heather T.
- Great friends are a special treat and seeing them living the life of their dreams is even better.
- I am grateful for Julie C.
- Very much the same. An amazingly kind and considerate soul.
- I am grateful for Julie K.
- Such a person with class, and fortitude, so only fitting we meet in class.
- I am grateful for Ivanka
- Always striving to be the best.
- I am grateful for Claudine.
- A heart as big as big can be.
- I am grateful for Jackie K.
- A professional relation who becomes a great friend who is healing the world.
- I am grateful for Ilan Z.
- I am grateful for Elaine W.
- Super sweet and such a thoughtful individual.
- I am grateful for Jolie D.
- Beautiful soul delivering messages of light to the world day and night.
- I am grateful for Jim D.
- Such a cool guy who as much just loves on people.
- I am grateful for Rene.
- Can’t get any more generous a soul.
- I am grateful for Kevin G.
- Because, he Rocks!!!!
- I am grateful for Kat D.
- Wonderful warmness and such a great supporter and strength for family.
- I am grateful for Kevin S.
- The industry would simply not be the same without him.
- I am grateful for Lisa O.
- Such a great friend who makes wonderful introductions.
- I am grateful for Mark S.
- A family man through and through.
- I am grateful for Jeff Y.
- And, really good. Family, friends, and community.
- I am grateful for Tim C.
- Timmy!!!! Anyone who enjoys history is a friend of mine.
- I am grateful for Lou F.
- For everything from my kids, to me, and everything done for my family.
- I am grateful for Lynn W.
- Grounded and centered, through and through.
- I am grateful for Patrick M.
- Intellectual discourse is always a favorite hobby of mine.
- I am grateful for Paola Z.
- So nice to meet someone by chance who end up being really cool people.
- I am grateful for Rowena D.
- Could not find a more authentic person with a bigger heart and kinder soul.
- I am grateful for Teryl Z.
- The most perseverant person I will ever meet.
- I am grateful for Victoria M.
- Just an awesome friend and a great person.
- I am grateful for Wendy S.
- We are all in this together, and we help support one another.
- I am grateful for Michael K.
- For the many lessons learned.
- I am grateful for Nicollette F.
- Such a caring individual.
- I am grateful for Krista K.
- Well, because you’re hot.
- I am grateful for Kathy K.
- A really good hearted soul.
- I am grateful for Frank C.
- In this world and past, such an amazingly wonderful friend who is such a great
- I am grateful for Ana P.
- Producing, directing and making great moments in the world.
- I am grateful for Alyce H.
- Working with great people are great to work with and become great friends.
- I am grateful for Virginia A.
- Simply hypnotizing.
- I am grateful for Inga W.
- Good people are always good with me.
- I am grateful for Doris B.
- Sweet soulful, old soul with a big heart.
- I am grateful for Robert A.
- Making healing music!
- I am grateful for James L.
- Flame may burn, but such a cool intelligent individual.
- I am greatful for Rob A.
- I am grateful for Christine R.
- A rose by any other name.
- I am grateful for Tammy H.
- My favorite carpool buddy and the many trips back and forth to Casper.
- I am grateful for Alan Alda
- I think I’ve watched every episode of MASH at least 20 or so times and counting.
- I am grateful for Rick P.
- The world needs more cool down to earth guys.
- I am grateful for Boris.
- The car and the fun times in it.
- I am grateful for Def Leppard
- Virgin concert experience.
- I am grateful for Grant P.
- Basketball and KiSS.
- I am grateful for Ed M.
- Because, the dead is great and so is your wisdom.
- I am grateful for Kathy C.
- For always trying to get me hitched.
- I am grateful for Joey H.
- Because, dude, I know words matter. And, bullying sucks. Peace.
- I am grateful for Ralph H.
- Lived so close and yet so far but always a great cool guy.
- I am grateful for Grandma and Granddad Hayes
- What’s for dinner? Ok, I’m eating here.
- I am grateful for Ryan and Christopher
- And, the many others taken way too soon. Only, good.
- I am grateful for the beach.
- And, the ocean too….
- I am grateful for everything that nature, oh how beautiful a mother she is.
- Mountains, lakes, trees, dirt, etc., etc…..
- I am grateful for our Native cultures
- Their culture not be visible today or told in history class but there is so much to be gained and so much to learn.
- I am grateful for child support.
- Because, yes, men too have that right.
- I am grateful for the Buddhist monk
- Who told me what truly matters is you practice kindness.
- I am grateful to be published.
- And, it won’t be the last time.
- I am grateful to be on television.
- Would always rather drive than be sitting in the passenger seat.
- I am grateful for Mattie S.
- And, every other masters of the universe who did more in a few years of life than most do in a 100.
- I am grateful for The Prophet
- I used to keep it with me at all times, and now today, it is still one of my most prized possessions.
- I am grateful for libraries
- Throughout college, while most went to parties and such, I went to the library and whenever I move someplace the library is one of the first places I want to visit.
- I am grateful for my eye and my hearing.
- Not merely that I am able to see and hear, but I really love my outlook on life.
- I am grateful for college.
- It would so easy for me to be a perpetual student, because I so enjoy being in class.
- I am grateful for no reason.
- As my granddad once said. “Why does there have to be a reason?”
- I am grateful for Super Friends
- Early morning cartoons made getting up in the wee hours of the morning so much fun.
- I am grateful for Steve M.
- Always rockin’!!
- I am grateful for Rena
- Yes, I am Superman.
- I am grateful for Suwicha
- One of my favorite names ever.
You, my most beautiful one
So sweet but not so innocent
You my lovely will soon
Be forever put to rest
And into the distant past
Let history be the judge
And the jury, my love
Of what you meant
Taken, they were many
But so too was much gained
Nothing remains still
Except the stillness
In the night
Nothing remains unchanged
Except the change
Day after day
Now, as I must prepare
To give my final regards
Your face so young and bright
If only we have tonight
May I treasure you, my darling
As I should have always
Together, most of which are
Long forgotten in the wind
Lost in the rain and cluttered
In the clouds in between
Sunset and sunrise
I through my hands
Let you pass
Like sand softly sifting
And now I would be remiss
If I did not say
I’m sorry, my dear
Please oh please
Forgive me for my lack
Of foresight thinking
You, we, would be together
Until the end of time
Because, all we truly have
Is that, which is so often wasted
So rarely ravished and even less
Truly tasted for fear is often
The thief that steals the light
So, my love, before you go
As tears fill the streams
Washing away all the dreams
We had for each other
There is no tomorrow
It’s too late for us
Please I beg of you
Before it’s too late
Take but my kiss
Into the ever after
I love you
My Sweet ‘16
Be the Day
You see something
You’ve never seen before
You hear something
You’ve never heard before
You feel something
You’ve never felt before
You experience something
You’ve never experienced before
Be the Day
To His Coy Mistress
There is someone who feels full.
There is someone who feels loved.
There is someone who feels joy.
There is someone who feels worthy.
There is someone who feels worthless.
There is someone who feels something.
There is something who feels nothing.
May this day be a celebration of the “LOVE” that burns bright. If there is a special someone extra special may they be cherished not only today but tonight and throughout each and everyday. Think not of what may become but rather become enchanted with what is here right now and bask in the light.
May this day be a celebration of the “LOVE” that is inside, the internal combustion for all that is. It is this that is so often ignored in the service of others but self is as worthy as anyone else. Think not that there is no time to find and take care of thee.
May this day be a celebration of the word “LOVE” that is expressed beyond that of the intimate connection and extends to both strangers and friends as well as family both two and four legged, too. Think not that any showing of love is too small, for even the slightest glimmer of hope can provide enough spark to light even the darkest of nights.
May this day be a celebration of the word “LOVE” that not associated with attachments, with loss or gain. 1 + 1 does not necessarily equal two, nor does being alone equate to being lonely. Think not that the world has passed those by who are not presently in the throws of love for they may simply be fine as they are, enjoying who they are, where they are.
May this day be a celebration of the word “LOVE” that far out lasts any sentiment of hate, or fear, or loathing, whether self or otherwise. Whose ever arms lovers embrace, may those they hold be true. Forever in the moment letting not the fear creep in to dim the mood, but rather letting love flow and allowing love to grow.
May this day be a celebration of “LOVE” and the declaration of such be for today and for every day.
I align myself
with all that’s good
and all that’s light.
I am one with the universe,
and the universe is one with me.
From this moment forward, I am free.
I am a magnet attracting continual abundance
in the form of wealth, health and happiness.
With wave after wave of healthy,
happy and prosperous opportunities,
I simply flow.
Peace surrounds me,
LOVE surges through me
as I give
Thank you. It is done.
May this day be a reminder of all the love
that has ever surrounded me or graced my path,
that I am love and all is love.
May this day be a reminder of the melting of my heart
and how precious the moments are with one love
and how those moments are some of the greatest of my life.
May this day be a reminder that love does not conquer all,
for love and conquer do not sleep well in the same bed,
but rather that love IS all and all there is
when I allow LOVE to conquer all of my fears.
May this day be a reminder.
In the end
I can only hope and pray
That I can
With confidence safely say
Achieved far greater success
Than monumental failure
Broke more unsubstantiated rules
Then played it safe
Caught a higher number of fly balls
Than committed unforced errors
Delivered on more promises
Then made frivolous excuses
Encountered much healthier days
Than sick time
Found greater inner peace
Than internal strife
Gained further financial freedom
Than shackled in debt
Harbored more authentic friends
Than true enemies
Invested extra time in people
Than to things
Joined healthier conversations
Than engaged in gossip
Kept closer distance to great wealth
Than extreme poverty
Loved life at a far higher quality
Than hated anything
Moved weightier mountains
Then got stuck running in place
Narrated more positive dialogue
Than negative thoughts
Performed at a higher standard
Then called upon
Then responded in kind
Reacted less to others opinion
Then formed my own
Swallowed more pride
Than ate unwanted flies
Touched the lives of far more
Than touched mine
Under promised at greater frequency
Than under delivered
Viewed more genuine good in others
Than focused on the bad
X-rayed greater depth of being
Than wallowed on the surface
Yelled much less
Than need be
Zeroed in on the right thing to do
Than followed others blindly
With confidence safely say
That I did
I can only hope and pray
In the end.
~Bryan W Hayes
@ August 20, 2014